"What most people call thinking is for the most part recycled opinion! It's really not thinking at all! Rather, it is repeated statements of density and grossness lodged in the collective thinking, the popular opinion of the day." -Michael Bernard Beckwith from 40 Day Mind Fast Soul Feast
This is the book I am currently reading. I bought it recently after falling in love with this Author from the book, The Secret. I have been "reading" it for a while now, sometimes repeating the same day two days in a row. I suppose one could say I started out with it being quite a struggle to "get it." Dave started out reading it with me and I lost him around day 9 or so but I am glad I did not give up on it so quickly. Although it has a bit more Christian reference than I usually care for, which is why I probably lost Dave so early on, I think I am finally getting to a point where I can find the spiritual meaning beyond the words on paper. This paragraph moved something deep inside of me to challenge my own thinking I suppose. Since then I have been pleasantly surprised as to other ways the book has been challenging my spirit... so I am quite enjoying my newest read!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment