I suppose I could have started this out with the proverbial "when it rains it pours" but considering our house is still standing and my family is safe I think I have to find the silver lining in this. It is funny how whenever we tend to forget that bad things can and do happen for good reasons there is always something to remind us. Kind of like having a broken stove and dryer...
I never thought either of these things seeming broken would make me so happy. I say "seeming" since there is absolutely nothing wrong with them, they are running perfectly now. Soon after the appliance guy came to take a look at them he discovered it was something with our breaker box causing the problems. So he called public service and soon after they showed up they discovered that the power line had pretty much burnt up our box and very well could have taken our home with it or at any moment started anything else in our house on fire!
We were then very blessed to find an electrician to come over right away so we were able to get the problem fixed tonight. Of course a new dryer sounded like a better thing to spend money on and I confess I was looking forward to getting something much larger than what we have now but I certainly can't argue with the fact that all of us are warm and safe this evening!
Apparently this is a common thing that can happen to homes around 20 years of age. I guess when you have concrete poured over your power lines settling over time can simply put too much pressure on them. One would think this would be a design flaw they would have remedied by now but I am just happy it was discovered in time for us. It can sure change how one thinks about negatives that happen to us every day... in this case we were able to see the benefit first hand but I know there are many times things like this happen and we never even see the possibilities of the flip side!
Thursday, October 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment