So after having one too many encounters with a few spiders, well more than a few really... I have found at least four in different corners of my house, then the itty bitty baby one that you could HARDLY see but still made me crap my pants as it run under my check book, the one that would ONLY show up in my bathtub when Dave was at work and my fearless spider killers were at school, several times too I might add (I think it knew I am deathly afraid of them!) and finally this one...
...that the boys found in our backyard (I told the boys to take a picture and send it to their uncle Brian... what can I say it runs in our family) which makes me a little nausea just looking at it. So I decided it was time to look at the message they were trying to tell me about the webs I maybe weaving (besides the one about me needing to dust my house more often... I get that same message from my husband too). So yet again I reached for my Animal Speak book... it is still a really good book, I love it! I discovered this is some of what Spider has to tell me...
"Spider
Keynotes: Creativity and the Weaving of Fate
The spider has shown up in myth and lore throughout the world. Usually its symbolism has been very similar wherever it is used. In India it was associated with Maya, the weaver of illusion. It has had connections to the fates in Greek mythology and the Norns in Scandinavian lore- women who would weave, measure, and cut the threads of life. To the Native Americans, spider is grandmother, the link to the past and the future.
Unlike insects, spiders have a two section body instead of three, often giving them a figure eight kind of appearance... ...On its side, this is the symbol of infinity. It is the wheel of life, flowing from one circle to the next. The difficulty is learning to walk those circles or even hold your position within the middle between the two.
Spiders teach you to maintain a balance-between past and future, physical and spiritual, male and female. Spider teaches you that everything you now do is weaving what you will encounter in the future. In the tarot deck is a card- The Wheel of Fortune. This is a card that has to do with rhythms-he rise and fall, the flow and flux. It is linked to the energies of honor and fame, and the sensitivities necessary to place ourselves within the rhythm of nature....
...The spider awakens creative sensibilities...
...Often the webs will take a spiral shape, the traditional form of creativity and development. The spider found within the web reminds us that we are at the center of our own world. The ancient mystery schools had one precept inscribed on their portals: 'Know Thyself and Thou Shalt Know the Universe!' Spider reminds us that the world is woven around us. We are the keepers and the writers of our own destiny, weaving it like a web by our thoughts, feelings, and actions...
...Are moving towards a central goal or are you scatted and going in multiple directions? Is everything staying focused? Are you becoming too involved and/or self-absorbed? Are you focusing on others' accomplishments and not on your own? Are you developing resentment because of it-for yourself or them?
Spider is the guardian of the ancient languages and alphabets. Every society has had myths about how the different languages and alphabets were formed...
...To, many there was an alphabet even more primordial. It was formed by the geometric patterns and angles found within spider's web. To many this was this first true alphabet...
...Spiders are a combination of gentleness and strength, and they have learned to combine both for successful survival. This is an important lesson for those with this totem...
...Weave your creative threads in the dark and then when the sun hits them, they will glisten with intricate beauty.
If spider has come into your life, ask yourself some important questions. Are you not weaving your dreams and imaginings into reality? Are you not using your creative opportunities? Are you feeling closed in or stuck as if in a web? Do you need to pay more attention to your balance and where you are walking in life? Are others out of balance around you? Do you need to write? Are you inspired to write or draw and not following through?"




No comments:
Post a Comment