Saturday, September 13, 2008

Football Has Never Been So Heartbreaking

It has been a very busy week for all of us. Kain had his first football game last week and although his team lost he made a few really, great, tough catches. I of course only saw one of the 3 since I was in the bathroom with children BOTH times. The second time for quite a while with Brody... that was fun. I heard I was there for the best one though and it was amazing. He turned at the perfect time to catch the ball right before falling back being tackled by two other kids and as we held our breath we saw him jump up with the ball in hand! He looked like a pro and I screamed like a real fan of the game. So although I left his game a bit crabby for missing most of his game his Dad was able to make it from work and his Grandma was in town for it.

But tonight was his second and was right down the road from us so we decided to walk. Dave had dropped Kain off a bit early and then came back for the rest of us. Just as we got to the park and came over the hill, only 4 minutes into the game, we noticed his team score. We cheered and tried to run as fast as we could to see who's little kid it was only to find out after the game it was OURS! We missed his first touchdown and I thought I was going to cry. Dave even said right after that he kind of hoped it wasn't Kain because he would love to see his first one. His team went on to lose again without scoring another TD the rest of the game but he did have another good catch.
Here is a not so good picture of his first game but they are so damn cute in their little uniforms. I was able to take very few but Dave got his amazing catch on video. Tonight it was kind of rainy so maybe I will get some better ones next week.

No comments: