Saturday, August 2, 2008

National Breastfeeding Week

Well as challenging as it was for us to get out of bed bright and early this morning we did it! Despite the fact that we have been super busy this summer, some how we have managed to have lazy mornings and I fear school start in just one month is going to a shock for all of us. But seeing that is National Breastfeeding Week and breastfeeding has been such a huge part of my children's up bringing I really wanted to make the walk they had for it this morning.The boys taking a rest. It was beautiful morning, sunny and not too hot.All of the kids were super on the walk and thrilled to get balloons. I think they may have even been more excited about the we won a prize for having the most kids... surprise, surprise. They were a little bummed we missed out on having the youngest baby by about 6 weeks but right after that they asked for the most kids.Look, finally pictures of me with my kids! Only because I have so many kids and they are old enough to take pictures... usually when you are least expecting it.The morning was wonderful and there seemed to be a great turn out for the walk.

I had to get a picture of little mister in his new dinosaur onsie from his Aunt and Uncle. That hat is just to die for, it makes him look like he has a Mohawk!

So everyone remember to support breastfeeding this week if you get the chance! It is so important to get the word out on the benefits of breastfeeding and offer help, knowledge and support to moms and their babies!

No comments: