Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Lacking Common Sense or Scared Senseless?

This has recently become a fear of mine concerning my children. Either way I figure it probably isn't a good thing. Let me start with what happened earlier in the day... I will spare you of the details but it involved, Brody, poop and a very angry mother which I am still not sure if the room she was cleaning was actually more messy then the anger or not. In any case my children were witnessed to a bit of ugliness today which resulted in Brody losing video games, just even typing that I had to take VIDEO games away from my 2.5 year old makes me shudder. In any case Gage just came downstairs and this was our conversation...

Gage: Mom, Brody is playing video games and he isn't listening
Mom: Who plugged the video games back in
Gage: They didn't
Mom: Well how is he playing video games then
Gage: I don't know he just is
Mom: Well, someone would have had to have plugged them back in because I unplugged everything
Gage: Oh, right, I forgot, Never mind

And he walks back upstairs. Now we all know the children that seem to lack any common sense at all, which is kind of what I feared maybe happening at this point. Not that it is ever the innocent child that I worry about but it is more that they make others wonder just exactly what kind of parents they might have. So I walked upstairs to take a peak for myself and there Brody sits with his video game controller trying to plug it into anything that looked the least bit like it may help him achieve his quest. Considering this was the picture this morning when Aubriel could not get a free minute of mine to help her change batteries, when I was cleaning poop of course thus Brody. I am thinking that it maybe the latter in my children's case. Which might also be why Brody's accomplice in the poop incident may have been willing to witness the whole thing without even a breath whispered to mom for fear she may get blown down in the path of the storm that ensued once the poop cover child emerged. I know, my child is naked quite a bit, and believe me I have heard from many that we should keep him clothed, my husband included and I have to agree that is a wonderful idea. Speaking of common sense! I just really have to wonder if people honestly believe that we just haven't thought to try this yet. I would invite anyone to take Brody for a while just to experience the real joys of parenting. It is like breaking a wild pony and I am convinced he will not be tamed. Had I known I had it so easy with my first three I think I would have tried to enjoy them more. As soon as I find one the baby straight jacket will be added to my top ten list of "must haves". I am ready to put his clothes on with duct tape at this point.

1 comment:

Cutloose said...

You so funny!!!! Had a good time reading this one!

Thea