9. Cozy Cocoon Can also be found Here
This is one of the best things. They take up much less space than blankets, so much easier to use and lets be honest, only those labor and delivery nurses can do the "baby bundle wrap" so that they can't kick their way out. I swear there is some secret wrap that is only taght in nursing school. Gage always called this Brody's coconut!
8. BabyLegs Can also be found Here
Not only are these TOO cute but they have endless uses for all ages. They help keep baby's legs warm under pants, you know when you pick up your baby and their pants ride up exposing the skin between the cuff and the sock... not with babylegs on. They cushion knees while crawling. They add style when used over tights, keeps legs warm while dancing or doing gymnastics. Can be worn under short sleeve shirts... even my older kids use them for this. Gosh I think these have more uses than I can even list. All the kids love them and wear them often!7. Dr. Bronners
Okay I have no picture, come on it's soap. I suppose I could have put up a picture of one of the kids having a bath since this is all any of us use but honestly I don't bathe my kids that often. In any case this stuff ROCKS! Anything you can clean your kitchen with, wash your kids with and brush your teeth with is a must have in my house. This is all I use for cleaner for anything in my house, living or non living. Even the most natural of baby products contain chemicals that do not benefit anyone. This is completely natural and perfectly fine if it is swallowed or absorbed through the skin. With each child I have tried to bathe my babies less and less since it is not good to wash our natural oils away but when I do I have to have something completely eatable.
I think this may be the only thing I had when I had Kain that is still a must have for me. Of course I don't have any pictures of him in his. I did have a swing for my babies but I think Aubriel was the ONLY one that liked it... maybe swinging is a girl thing? So with every baby I would set it up and they would never use it. But the bouncy seat they all loved. It is perfect, you can bring it in the bathroom while you shower, you can set it on the counter when you are cooking and it can keep them from getting stepped on when you have other children running around. We actually like ours so much we keep one upstairs and down. And of course the one I happened to find a picture of is NOT our favorite, this babies or ours. We got this one thinking it would be "better" because it can be used longer (again something we learned is that just because it can be used for a longer amount of time does NOT make it better, we have found it is actually more useless) but this seat is larger and just seems to not hug the babies like the hammock style ones... like in the link.5. Bundle Me This was the best thing for our Wisconsin winters. I had one with each baby for their infant car seat, even Kain and of course no picture. It was SO much easier than trying to stuff them into a snow suit for every outing and then try to strap them in their seat while they are completely immovable on top of that!

3. Cloth Diapers Can also be found Here

Well of course this had to be one! Now there are many wonderful brands but I think the starbunz are by far the cutest. This is obviously going to be a huge one for me since I started a company based solely on my transition into them. This is one of those things I wish I would have tried much sooner than I did since I truly fell in love with them once I switched. Not only are they healthier, cheaper and cuter but they are so darn easy and it is wonderful to not run out of diapers. Also just today it dawned on me when Ozzye had a blow out of poop come out of his diaper that I have only experienced that a handful of times with both Bro and this would be the first time with Ozzye. Now anyone that has breastfed and used disposable diapers with their newborns knows of "blow out", when they poop and it shoots out the back of their diaper getting everything a mess. I have rarely had this with cloth! Plus why wouldn't you want to cushion your baby's bum in soft cloth rather than paper?
2. Attached Crib
1. BabyHawk
BabyHawk wins for number one because I love their designs but honestly there are a lot of good Mei Tais out there or if you are more talented than I very easy to make. I tried a few times (as you can see in the last picture) and discovered buying was a much better option for me. I wish I would have found them sooner because I longed to wear my babies so much but never found a comfortable way to do it. I had the traditional western style baby carrier with Kain, similar to the baby Bjorn, but not only did he hate it but I did as well. So with Gage I never wore him. With Aubriel I used a simply ring sling which I enjoyed until she got a bit older. So with Brody I dove into the world of all styles of eastern baby carriers. I used slings, wraps, and various Mei Tais and I loved the Mei Tais the best. So with Ozzye I got a BabyHawk for the headrest so we could use it earlier instead of our ring sling if I wanted. Unfortunately I think I am liking it more than he is right now but he does enjoy most of the time, I am crossing my fingers it will grow on him even more since I could hardly get Brody out of it but it makes life much easier when I need my hands for chasing after toddlers or even want to be "lighter" while shopping without the bulky stroller! Sorry for the poor pictures of me, this is what happens when the only people to take pictures of you with your children ARE your children. It is going to look like Kain and Gage just got a mom at age 8!




4 comments:
Great list! Most of them would've been on my top 10, too. :)
Ok, so remember this for me. I am definitely going to want the teething necklace, the legging / arming thingys and the baby 'coconut' wrap. Remind me, because I know I will forget, and I'll come to you to get them! Good list!
Oh yea, and the soap too!!
OK....you've got me so excited about some of this stuff! I'm ready to try out some new diapers since I've overcome my fear of cloth. I looked at your site and can hardly wait to figure out what I need. Once the weekend is finally over I'll email with questions! And I LOVE the animal diaper covers!!! Definitely budgeting that in...somewhere, somehow. And I'm with Thea....I love the leggings!!! That site is so great! Given the fact she'll be a winter baby maybe we can actually use them despite the fact we're in west TX heat the rest of the year. Can't really justify the leggings any other time of the year.
So, I'm actually excited about more diapers and different kinds. My plan is to try chinese or some other prefolds out with some really great diaper covers and see how we do with that.
Post a Comment