...and I don't drive a mini-van (we tried one on for size once and it quite literally didn't fit) but my son was wear soccer socks for his football game today. Is there even a real difference? With just having my fourth boy one would think I would finally be use to all these sports but I'm not. Getting Kain ready to play football this year nearly pushed me over the edge as I walked into Dave's work a few weeks ago with all five kids in tow almost in tears after going to buy a mouth guard (which I had to get one with dental insurance because I could never live with myself if my son had to go through the rest of his life because mom was too cheap to spend the extra 5 bucks to get one with dental insurance... I didn't even know they came that way!) a cup (this was fun, because when they put the size on there you just have to wonder what they are really talking about because one thing I DO know after having four boys is that ones genes has much more to do with size than age) and cleats. This was SUCH a "Dad job" for our family in any case and some how it ended up on me.
Now my brother has four boys but luckily for my sister-in-law her husband would much rather throw a virtual football than an actual one. Their boys do things like art and music but not mine. Mine are into every sport they or their father could possibly imagine (well except soccer, Dave doesn't like it much and I try VERY hard to keep baseball out of our home) and yet I wonder why, oh, why they were given to me when they have a father that loves the sports yes but can never seem to take his boys to them!
But who am I kidding anyway because even if he could I would still take all the kids and go because I can never get enough of watching my children do anything that brings them joy... well, unless what brings them joy is destroying my house like Brody seems to be fond of. Speaking of Brody when we got home I asked him to take off his shoes before laying on the couch... this is what I found....
I figured I didn't need a picture of him, this pretty much says it all.
Anyway back to football. The season has officially begun as Kain has his first scrimmage this morning. Bright and early at 7 am! Well, the scrimmage was at 8 but we had to be there by 7 for pictures and to get the jerseys. At 5 am when I heard a loud crack of thundered I prayed they would push the game back but when my alarm went off an hour later it had pretty much stopped raining. So I got Kain up and we got ready to leave. I had to take my peacefully sleeping baby out of his warm bed snuggled up next to Dad (I thought about leaving him but I am sure he would have woken up 2 seconds after I walked out the door). Then I put him in jammies that were too small but was running too late to change him only to get there and we still had to wait for the jerseys to get there. Once they arrived Kain got to pick his number. He picked 24 for his now ("since Javon Walker went to the stupid Raiders") favorite player Champ Bailey. We figured his colors are somewhere in between the Wolverines and the Fighting Irish... Kain has an Uncle in each city... Brian and Ryan but we ended up leaning towards Notre Dame since his cousin's live there and well being the Michigan State fans we are we couldn't have anything like Michigan... Sorry Uncle Ryan! This believe it or not is the ONLY picture I got today...
I had to run back at 7:30 to pick up the other kids before Dave left for work. By the time we got back we only caught the very end of the game which kind of bummed me out but since this is just the beginning there will be more games and many more pictures to come!
Now he has his head in an Fantasy Football Magazine getting ready for his first draft tonight. I think we may need a nap today... it isn't even noon. I think this why I think it is best to not home school Kain... he would know nothing unless it was football related in some way, shape or form!




No comments:
Post a Comment