This afternoon, as I was cleaning and Dave came in from cleaning the garage to have lunch Aubriel was dancing around the living room as she so often does and while she was spinning she got dizzy and fell down catching her face on the chair before she hit the floor. She instantly started crying and I went over to help he up and when I turned her over and saw the blood I must have scared her because she immediately stopped crying and had fear in her eyes. So I calmly picked her up and walked into the kitchen where Dave was and it quite voice said "we have an emergency here, get a cold washcloth" He was able to do that right away but when we put it on and he saw her tooth just hanging there for the first time he looked like he was ready to pass out. I at this point got so nausea and had to sit down and Aubriel just held her washcloth on her face and didn't make a sound. She looked scared but was great through the whole thing. Finally after David collected himself he took her and sat with her so I could call the dentist.
Luckily they were able to get us in right away so we all left together since I couldn't drive because I was shaking so bad but couldn't not be there with her either. I called my mom on the way, since she works right down the road from the dentist and she met us there to watch Brody so we could both be with Aubriel. Dave stayed with her the whole time during her ex-rays... she was an awesome patient. They ended up numbing her up and removing the tooth that was just hanging by a thread anyway but not quite so much so that we could have just pulled it ourselves (not that Dave nor I would have had the stomach for that with our own child anyway).
We are home now and she is doing great, at least compared to Dave and I. When we tried to make her feel better and say the tooth fairy would be coming tonight she said "oh yeah, I'm big now so I can go to school" in her mind you are "big" like your brothers when your teeth come out and being big means you get to go to school too. This might be hard to explain that this isn't how most people lose their teeth. She has a split lip and swelling which will probably be a little worse tomorrow. Now I am mostly just dealing with the fact my little girl is going to be missing her front tooth for the few years... unfortunately they said when a baby tooth gets knocked out like this it actually takes longer for it to come in than it normally would. I certainly am not okay with any of my children losing their teeth before they are suppose to but there is something about it being my little girl... I think I would be more okay if it had been one of my boys. Boys are tough and you don't notice missing teeth or scars and stuff on them but little girls are sweet and beautiful (which of course she still is) and should always be that way. Even when I took this picture of her after we got home she was still trying to smile for the camera.
I know it was an accident but as parent that doesn't make you feel any better when you feel like this should have been something you could have prevented. The good news is she is fine, she will continue to be fine and in the big scheme of things this isn't as bad as it could have been. Now we just have to watch her to make sure she doesn't have any other injuries but I don't think she does.
Okay enough drama, on to trick or treating... the kids had a blast of course. The first few pics are of the kids waiting for their Dad to get home while they started handing out candy.
We ended up doing our street and that was enough for everyone, Brody walked most of the way and then sat in the stroller for the last little bit. We were gone for about an hour which got us home in time to hand out more candy, which the kids loved just as much as going out I think!




No comments:
Post a Comment