Wednesday, November 21, 2007

The Day in Between...

Today is the only day of the year my brother can argue he married someone older than his wife. My sister-in-law is not only the same age as me but just two days older, which I suppose is my brother's "defence." Dave use to always say he couldn't be married to someone as young as his baby sister because it would just seem weird. So he loved to tease Brian for it which of course doesn't seem matter quite as much the older he gets and comments on how cute girls MUCH younger than his sister is!

It is funny how much changes the older we get and I suppose just in general with our circumstances. For a while now most of the people Dave has worked with have been younger than him not as much with this job as his last when he was a manager. I remember soon after we had Aubriel he was talking about one of his teenage employees and I said to him "do you even remember being 17 (or whatever the kid happened to be at the time)?" to which he replied "no, but when my daughter is 17 I sure will."


Of course I am probably the one that is 17 in this picture. We were friends for a few years after we met before we started dating. This was Christmas at my Grandma's, I am going to guess in 1993, although maybe it is 1994.

Of course we all know he remembers being 17, what surprises most people is he had met his wife only 1 year BEFORE that. This year was a big birthday according to him because he said after this last one he has now known me as long as he didn't. I of course being younger than him have known him longer than I haven't for a while. Our favorite thing to tell people is we would have been high school sweethearts if I had gone to high school. Of course because I was home schooled through high school which is probably a good thing for me since I think David blocked out most of high school and he probably wouldn't have even noticed me.


So yesterday Jen turned 30 and I hope it was wonderful for her! Tomorrow I will be 30 as well. I must say I have not been looking forward to it and even more so since tomorrow is Thanksgiving but my mom always said she loved her 30s and since they are upon me I guess I should just embrace them and look ahead. Up until now I have had a beautiful life... I have an amazing husband that I am so in love with (some days more than others) but am much more in aw of how very much he loves me. I feel so truly blessed to have found him and grateful every day for having him in my life. I have a career I love, whenever I have time for it or at the very least I know I will be able to get back to some day when my true calling of being a mom isn't so demanding. I have 4 1/3 wonderful children, which has been a lot to accomplish before age 30 but I love that I will be young yet when hopefully they start families of their own. I have dreamt of being a mom and having a big family my whole life so it is an empowering feeling to watch your dreams become a reality.

Tonight Dave and I are going out to dinner for my birthday with friends we don't see too often so we are looking forward to that. Yeah, I know I already celebrated my birthday but since I don't get my "birthday dinner of choice" tomorrow night I get to go out again. Besides that is just how much Dave loves me! Tomorrow I am going to have a low key day spent with friend's and family. Well, really just family I guess. Our dear friends, Jason and Jessica are stopping by tomorrow and aside from people in my family Jason is probably the only person I have known longer than David or my friend Andrea. He was friends with my brother and I probably met him when I was 7. He has always been like a brother to me and his wife has become just as dear to us. Then of course my parents are coming to spend the day with us.

I have heard from someone in the house something about gifts that were made by children for my birthday which should have tipped me off that I should not be doing any Christmas shopping with Aubriel. But I did anyway only to have Gage come up to me yesterday and say "Aubriel said you got me a sweater or something" Yeah, maybe age four is too old to be tagging along shopping for gifts that are suppose to be a surprise. Luckily I can still use the "no she was just confused excuse." At least I am almost done so I shouldn't have much more to get either with or without her!

Speaking of our little miss, here are some pictures of her at gymnastics today. The boys weren't too happy about having to go with since they were off of school today! Sorry most of them are blurry, I was chasing Brody most of the time.I actually wish I would have got the shot in between these two, she actually stopped her flip and while bent over the bar adjusted her undies and then finished.

No comments: