Friday, November 2, 2007

The Pain of the next day...

That would be mine not Aubriel's. She is doing awesome! By last night she was as if nothing ever happened. Today we did have some "every day" tears such as her brother pulling her hair, putting the chair on her toes and pinching her but she did not say one thing about any mouth pain. She does like to put her tongue through her hole and say "that is weird" but other than that you would never know she was hurt. I on the other hand have realized today I did not walk away so untouched. I think after having it set in I am actually doing worse today than yesterday.

I am very grateful that it was not her eye or certainly any more teeth or something even worse but there is something that makes a mother's skin crawl like nothing else on earth as seeing her child hurt in anyway. If I am watching someone else with a hurt child I can sympathize but it doesn't even come close to what we go through when it is our own we are looking upon. I think it is even worse when there is nothing that you can do. I remember this feeling when Gage had his skin allergy and we had no idea what it was. Kain did have staples in the back of his head when he was 2 and Gage had stitches by his eye when he was 3 and Kain even broke his arm earlier this year and although this same feeling came up every time it did not linger like this. I felt like after they were "fixed" it was going to be okay. When I look at Aubriel smile at me like this that is the feeling I get... Everything is going to be okay, she has fat lip that is going to heal and she will be good as new. But it is this picture that shakes me to my core....
I know this is a dramatic thought for I know she will be okay even with this, it was baby tooth that was lost and she will get a new one and she is still just as beautiful as ever and will continue to be BUT it is still the idea of my little girl being less than whole for the next few years even though it is just a very small part of her missing for a while. I know this feeling will pass as well, that it is still new and fresh and going to take a little time. I am hoping that I will come to find this part of her endearing, that it will help shape a part of her personality, like Kain's birthmark that was on his nose and Gage's scar by his eye and Brody's blisters on his tongue he was born with. This will just be a part of what makes her Aubriel.

I am happy to report she is doing better than okay! So on a lighter note here a is request of her God-father, Jason to make everyone laugh...

She was actually loving me taking pictures of her today, thus all the posing!

No comments: