Wednesday, November 28, 2007

I LOVE The Grinch!

That was our great ending to a rough few days! The Grinch and It's a Wonderful Life have to be my two all time favorite Christmas specials, I just love them so much! Well, tonight The Grinch was on so after David showered all of the kids (which was SO sweet of him) we got to sit down and watch it tonight before we put the kids down for bed.
Four clean kids, yay!!!

I swear the past two days Brody has been into even more than usual. Today I just couldn't seem to get a second away from him and Aubriel, which usually goes without saying but they usually play by themselves for at least a few minutes. After gymnastics today I made them both lunch and put Dora on for them to watch while I took my lunch up to the bath tub. I eat in the tub quite often in an attempt to "hide" from the children since for whatever reason your food ALWAYS taste better to them even if they have the exact same thing. David and I have tried eating at the same time as them or feeding them first and then trying to eat once we know they are "full." Well, we have just come to realize our children are never full and forever hungry but never want to eat.

So about two minutes after settling down into the tub with my tea and lunch Aubriel comes upstairs to tell me Brody pooped and took off his pants and diaper and he can't come upstairs because his pants are stuck around his legs. So I jumped up still half wet with just a towel wrapped around me in a house that is barely heated, in a town that has frozen over in the past few days to find out that she was exactly right. He had poop all over his hands and toy box with his pants around his ankles because his boots were still on. So after cleaning both him and the toys up I tried to finish my bath. Only to have the two of them come to find me and start playing around with anything they could find in the bathroom which finally resulted in my lunch getting knocked into my bath water which in turned ended my bath early.

You know it is cold in our house when this is the picture I woke up to yesterday morning! That is Kain and Gage snuggled in bed together!

Yesterday alone Brody discovered that he could move a kitchen chair over to the light switch and turn on the light in the garage AND open the door. I found him last night rooming around in the truck, luckily we had that garage closed or who knows where he would have ended up! I started the day yesterday, after he was only awake for 10 minutes, completely naked, standing on a chair, playing with the microwave.

My Grandma had a brother none of us ever met because he died at age 13 chasing a squirrel and fell off a wood pile. Apparently he was always doing crazy things and I fear this recessive gene may have resurfaced in Brody! I am sure from exceptional, past experience in this area that they intentionally wait until you are already pregnant with the next to take it to the next level just to make you question your sanity on a daily basis!

David did lighten the mood a bit last night when he got playful with the kids chasing them around the house and wrestling with they. It gets them so hyper and fired up but they love it. I mean really is there anything better than wrestling with your Dad? They miss his so much when he is at work that anything he does with them makes their eyes light up!

1 comment:

Nikki Bettis said...

I LOVE that last picture!!!! You should frame it!

And Hey....I've tagged you!! Go to my blog to see and then copy and paste to your's. It's a ton of fun! And I KNOW you'll do it...cause you love me!!!