Thursday, November 8, 2007

Birthday Wishes...

Came early for me this year! My actual birthday is not for another 14 days, yes, which happens to fall RIGHT on Thanksgiving and being that I turn the big 3 0 this year I have not been looking forward to it. Well, my wonderful and amazing husband must be a mind reader because after a very stressful week last week between Aubriel losing her tooth and numerous other things David surprised with a pre-birthday get away this week!

So Tuesday afternoon after yoga with my mom we went out for tea as we do every week but half way through out tea and chat she said well we better get you home, your husband has a surprise for you. I was very surprised at that point but not as much as I was about to be. My mom followed me home and when I walked in the door I read a note from Dave saying "go upstairs and pack an over night bag and change into something comfortable." So I ran upstairs to find him running around making kid's beds saying hurry up to me every time I tried to get an answer out of him. So after giving my mom a quick run down of things for the kids we hit the road!

Once in the car David gave me the sweetest birthday card with cash for shopping at our destination (which actually didn't take me too long by the direction we were headed in to figure out it was the Mall of America in Minneapolis, MN we were going to!). Now Dave has always picked out the sweetest cards that are always the most perfect for every event. It wouldn't seem to be that hard but it still just blows me away how he finds just the right one to make my heart melt and I must say I am not usually that touched by cards in general but the ones he finds always brings tears to my eyes. It read...

"Of all the things that ever happened to me in my life... ...you're the best"

So after a beautiful 4 hour drive just being able to visit in the quite we decided to check into our hotel and then get a bit to eat at the mall. We shared a huge platter of different styles of shrimp and then started our shopping. We left the mall around 9:30 and went back to the hotel to get in the hot tub. Well, Dave got in and I put my feet in which still felt amazing after all the walking we did and even better when Dave rubbed them for me! Then we decided to go get another bit to eat at IHOP around 10 since we had an early dinner/late lunch of sorts when we got into town.

The next morning we checked out and decided to go to IKEA before going back to the mall. We had so much fun at IKEA and laughed so much as for some reason they must have stuff we found to be funny. I brought the camera but never took a picture with it. In fact we only ever took one picture at IKEA with Dave's phone that we have no idea how to get it off of now, but it was of this fox that we almost got for my mom and it was totally hilarious!

After checking out there with WAY more than we expected to get we went to the mall. We did a little more shopping and while we were shopping Dave brings me into this salon, which I thought was strange and then said we were there for my massage appointment. I couldn't believe he surprised me yet again with a massage. It was wonderful and I loved it and love David even more for it. After that we met up again and had lunch and then finished up getting things at the places we wanted to get back to before we left around 5.

We got a ton more Christmas shopping done and I actually shopped for myself which was very hard and strange for me since I usually only ever shop for my kids. Then on our way home we stopped about half way to visit friends of ours we don't get to see as much and then headed home to bed. My mom had all the kids in bed but Brody woke up right after we got home but his crying quickly turned to a big grin when he saw his Dad! I think Dave and I probably could have used 1 more day away (although I am not sure my mom would have survived) but it is always so nice to get back to your kids after some time away, we always miss them so much. So as I laid there in bed with our baby snuggled in between Dave and I and my sweet husband rubbing my ever growing belly, after a wonderful massage and shopping trip I felt nothing but pure bliss as I drifted off to sleep. I am SO very blessed!

1 comment:

Nikki Bettis said...

Man.....I had no idea he did ALL that! You just mentioned shopping! I am sooooooo impressed. Can I borrow him for my birthday next year? Driving's one of my most favorite things to do with just Brad. I think that's why I loved the 4 hr drive for my prenatals. I'm seriously impressed! Surprise, incredible destination, money, IHOP, hot tub, massage, friends. He and Brad need to get to know each other! LOL!