Wednesday, March 2, 2011

1 month left

At the beginning of every pregnancy this day seems SO far away but honestly I am still of the belief that this whole pregnancy has just flown by for me. Of course in just the last week my body has turned from that blissful, glowing, gestating Goddess to the fat, uncomfortable, ready to just be done, cries at every little thing, mother to to be. I'm not sure why it happens that way, I swore this time it wouldn't since I was feeling beyond blessed to be bringing yet another life into the world but alas I have once again fallen victim. I have speculated in the past this is natures way of preparing us for what lies ahead - labor. I suppose if one reaches their breaking point any fears you might have of giving birth dissipates with the anticipation of feeling human again. I of course would like to think that the mere thought of seeing your precious little ones face might be enough but I do not believe that it is joy that always transitions out of fear but rather a force much stronger. Either way I know this discomfort well and I welcome it. I know the end is near and while I relish in the thoughts of feeling my body belong only to me again it is still a bitter sweet pill for me to swallow knowing I might never be at this place of creation again. I do adore it so! So here is my 36 weeks belly picture...
I can't tell if I have grown at all in the last week but the changes that have taken place are very apparent to to one carrying this lovely little babe! I continue to be at a loss as to how I can not breath but still feel like I have a bowling ball pushing on my cervix to the point it could possibly give way if I sneeze too hard. I have experienced both of these several times before just not at the same time. I have had many signs that would lend itself to think this may just be a larger baby for me... but we thought that with Ozzye as well and he turned out to be our smallest. Go figure. Here is a 36 weeks comparison picture of my bellies with Ozzye and this one...
I think they look almost identical. Right down to their shape and size it seems like it could be the same baby. So I guess I won't hold my breath on an overly large baby to consume most of the mass within my body.

In any case we should know in about 2-6 weeks and I can hardly wait to meet this new baby of ours - Baby Sugar, as Ozzye refers to them regularly.

No comments: