I knew January, February and March were all going to be very busy months. I actually welcomed it due to the fact I knew it would keep me from dwelling too much on the length of time it would take before we get to meet our newest little family member. However I am not quiet sure I fully anticipated just how busy we would be... of course the stomach flu on vacation and emergency surgery for the 5 y/o was not planned into the schedule.
I feel awful I am just now getting around to posting some pictures from the boys birthdays. Kain turned 12 in January and his birthdays continue to shock me more and more each year. I suppose that is normal for the first born but with the up coming birth of another sweet babe it seems to flood your mind even more of the moment you were very first born into parenthood. So hard to imagine 12 years have flown by already when you can still taste their sweet newness on your lips from those first few kisses like it was yesterday. And I suppose with the first born a certain amount of newness always remains with them as we continue to walk through so many firsts with him. He certainly stays one of the most challenging for that reason alone but we couldn't be more proud of the individual he is becoming!




Gage's 10th birthday followed in February. It is hard sometimes to remember that Gage is two years behind Kain. It seems like he has always been right there with Kain from the start. This year their friendship has come back... not quiet to what it use to be when they were younger but very close. He shows more and more signs of being that happy go-lucky, kid we had when he was just a few years old. He has matured greatly since being home and seems to have gain a whole new confidence. He truly is such a bright spark in our lives it is a shame so often he gets lost in the crowd so to speak. He is certainly one of those individuals you don't always notice when he is around but would be deeply missed if he wasn't. I suppose much like his father in that respect.




The two older boys also had their yearly photos taken with my friend. I absolutely love how she not only captures each one of my children's personalities but their relationship towards one another as well. I also took the opportunity to do my maternity photos as well during their session.
Of course at the end of January started Aubriel's competitive gymnastics meet season. She has done 3 meet so far with one left coming up in a few weeks. She has always loved gymnastics since she first started when she was 3 but this year has really connected for her. She has such a dedication to it and I never tire of hearing from her coaches just how hard she works and applies herself. She certainly shares her father's and brothers' competitive nature since she surely does not get that from me. And while I struggle many times to understand it I do think it can be very healthy and give you a huge edge in life.



Bars-
1st meet - 8.85
2nd meet - 8.975
3rd meet - 9.0


Beam -
1st meet - 8.65
2nd meet - 8.95
3rd meet - 8.925


Floor-
1st meet - 8.55
2nd meet - 8.825
3rd meet - 8.2
Vault-
1st meet - 9.05
2nd meet - 9.05
3rd meet - 9.225

Just recently Dave's Grandparents on his father's side celebrated their 70th wedding anniversary. This still continues to floor me every time I think about it. They have to be one of the cutest couples ever! I only hope that if I live so long I will have David right by my side for all of it. We feel continually blessed to still have them with us and in our children's lives yet. Such a rare thing!

Here they are with their 5 children and their spouses. David's Dad is the youngest of 5.

Here they are with their 12 grandchildren. Two step grandchildren were missing but all their biological ones were able to make it!

Here are almost all of their great-grandchildren. Only 2 biological ones were missing and 3 steps. They also have 3 more on the way this year (ours being one of them of course!).

And here they are with all of our children which also happen to be the only to share and carry on their last name. Of their five children only two were boys each of which had 1 boy and only Dave has had children (and it will probably stay that way but you never know...). If David has ever doubted the size of our family he certainly doesn't when he shows off all his boys (and girl) to his Grandparents.
And as for now the end of February is fast approaching and with the 1st of March around the corner that will leave us with only a month before we meet our newest family member. Kain has two more basketball tournaments (which I have only not posted pictures of him because they come out simply too blurry) and Aubriel has one meet left. We should have that all wrapped up by mid March and then we can sit back and wait for baby. I will try to up date more often but I can't make any promises...




No comments:
Post a Comment