Saturday, March 5, 2011

Anticipation

I have 25 days left but in just the last few thoughts have crept in that I may not make it until then. I usually try to stay far, far away from these thoughts as they can oh so quickly turn into hopes. Which of course make every ache and pain and feeling of discomfort seem that much more unbearable. But this time I think it might be a fairly accurate thought... or I'm just setting myself up for four very long weeks. Either way I suppose I can't go wrong... if I do reach my due date or beyond I should be able to fully milk every last pleasure out of this pregnancy, right?

The contractions have seemed to increase a lot lately as well as the insane pressure in my bottom. They seem to no longer be limited to my evenings when I finally get off my feet. My nesting has kicked into high gear as well considering I can't remember the last time I vacuumed 4 days in a row! Although I do not doubt I will wait at least another week or two. I know how amazing one's body can be to wait until just the right time. Aubriel has her last gymnastics meet of the season this weekend and next weekend will be Kain's last basketball game. The 14th will bring us into the 10 day period surrounding the full moon which falls on the 19th this month. That also happens to be my parents 40th anniversary and my brother's birthday, so it is just a question of if this baby will wait until after that big day or not? I would not be the least bit surprised if I started labor on the 20th.

I did have the realization earlier this afternoon that a new little person will be entering our lives... our family! Of course that statement seems obvious but I think so often I get caught up in simply a new baby being born to us that I forget just how much all of our lives change with the birth of another baby. I look around at all of our children and realize that there was once a time they were not here, that we anticipated their arrival with so much excitement as well, that they have now woven their beautiful little personalities into the fabric of our family and have forever changed it... for the better! And now here we are just weeks away from having our family changed again, enhanced in ways we can't even imagine yet! I can't wait! I can't wait to look upon this newest family member and learn all there is to know about them! I can't wait to see how the other children will embrace them! I can't wait to see how this baby will touch each of our lives in a way only they can! I can't wait! I can't wait! I can't wait!!!
But I will...

"Life is all about the timing... the unreachable becomes reachable, the unavailable become available, the unattainable... attainable. Have the patience, wait it out. It's all about timing."
-Stacey Charter

No comments: