Tuesday, December 29, 2009

On the Tenth Day of Yule...

October brought not only the celebration of my 4th child, Brody's, 4th birthday who has been an amazing blessing to our family but a surprise visit from a very dear friend. It was actually his 3rd visit this year and each time it brought me such joy since it had been years since I had seen him before this year. While this visit came about out of sadness for him it was certainly welcomed by those that love him. He is very much like a brother to me and Dave and I have spoke often about how you can forget how very much you miss someone until they are brought back into your life. The children have even been thrilled with his visits and he has inspired many of them with his talents. However reconnecting with him was not the only blessing... just like one can forget how very much someone can mean to you until you are reunited, sometimes there visit can remind you of another similar relationship you have almost every day you may take for granite. I have been blessed with two brother like relationships and there is not a day that goes by that I am not grateful for the role they play in my life, especially during the times Dave and I may struggle with our own sibling relationships!

No comments: