Friday, May 1, 2009

Cabbage Tossing, Pond Jumping and Table Eating...

Just another day in the life of the Martens' Family...

Only Brody could make a sport with a head of cabbage...I forget why Dave bought a head of cabbage but after it sat in our fridge for about two weeks it was only fit for the critters that run through our backyard.So when Dave saw it sitting in the yard he told the kids to go out and play with their new head of cabbage, as he told them "that it brought back memories of days growing up on the farm having endless fun with his cabbage heads as a boy..."Somehow Brody got out of this that he was suppose to try to throw it OVER the fence into our neighbor's yard...Luckily for our neighbor's we have a very high fence but I think he enjoyed himself anyway...Last week for Earth Day I took the kids to the Wild Life Sanctuary. We had a nice afternoon... until Brody ran into this pond...Just moments after this picture was taken he got off of the dock to which I assumed he knew was floating on water and ran from the shore full speed into the scum filled pond. It does not surprise me that he did not heed his mother's screams but the fact that he continued into the water even after his feet hit and then stopped dead in his tracks when it got up to his butt does kind of surprise me. Now I only wish I had taken pictures of it because it was quite funny...Then our little table biter... we have been trying and trying to give him different "first" foods to which he wants NO part of but he does enjoy gnawing on the table at dinner time...His new trick is that he has not quite mastered the make shift baby gate we have set up since he can only get into the cradle and then wait or sometimes cry until someone rescues him again...I think it must be getting old though because the last few weeks he hasn't even bothered getting into it...

No comments: