This happens more often then one would think in our house but not usually quite like this morning. Brody once and a while has issues peeing where it will almost get clogged and we just need to wipe the end with a wet washcloth... I know too much information but it is kind of important to the story. So the kids are playing out front and Aubriel comes running in saying Brody can't pee because it is clogged. Are you thinking what I was at this moment... why is he peeing in the front yard? Which should not surprise me any since I know Brody well enough to know this is just normal. So I scoop him up and run inside with him all the while he is peeing the tiniest stream of pee all over both of us. I get him in the bathroom and he says he no longer has to pee because he already peed on me and his head. Lovely!
Alright on to the rest of the week since it was pretty busy! On the 28th my friend had her fourth baby which I got to witness. It was a long journey for her that ended beautifully. She gave birth to her first vaginally in the hospital. Her second she labored for not even 12 hours when they took him c-section for "failure to progress" at 9 cm. Her third and first VBAC attempt was take for the same reason at the same dilation after only 5 hours of labor. An hour after this c-section though she almost bled to death. She searched out just about every other option to going back to the hospital after she met me and found out more about my births and did more reading into natural childbirth and the risks involved with c-sections. Her and her husband finally decided they would like to go it alone with me as their doula. I was so honored and so excited for her. Her birth was amazing! She started with contractions at 4 am, called me around 6 am. I met them at 6:30 and her husband and I set up the pool for her. She got in around 8am and labored in there on her own until about about 10:30 am. She then changed positions and started pushing. Her water broke about 15 minutes later and she pushed for another 10. Even the language she used was so empowering... she would say while she was pushing "I am crowning the head" one could tell exactly what was happening just by watching and listening to her. She was so in tune with what was happening with her body which is something that is often lost when women rely on Dr. to tell us what is happening or what we should be doing. Her daughter was born just minutes before 11am after only 7 hours of labor and less than 30 minutes of actual pushing. Her husband caught his daughter and she cried out after "I did it, I did what they told me I couldn't." It was so beautiful. Mama and Baby are doing awesome and no one came close to death this time. So many times the risk of death is a direct result of someone trying to manage the birth rather than allowing it to simply happen.




No comments:
Post a Comment