Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

I had a wonderful Mother's Day which started with the kids coming in my bedroom, after letting me sleep in until 9 am, with breakfast for me. The first thing I heard was Brody yelling "Happy birthday!" wearing his sister's gymnastic shorts on backwards and inside out. The kid's heated up the pancakes I made the night before for dinner. I think they thought what was in the fridge was what was left over, however I actually froze what was left and the ones in the fridge were what was left from all the kid's plates that they didn't eat. My meals usually consist of their uneaten left overs so it is only fitting my Mother's Day breakfast would be that as well. It was so sweet of them though and most of them kept me company in bed while I ate.They kind of look like they are each wearing one part of one outfit...Later in the day Kain had a party to attend so I took the rest of the kids to the wild life sanctuary since we didn't get to do everything they wanted to the last we were there since Brody ran into the pond.However we don't have much luck this year around water there since this time Aubriel slipped on a rock while feeding the ducks and her foot got soaked.At least it happened near the end of our time there anyway.That evening Dave took me out for dinner while my parents babysat.But the best present, which I got a LOT of super sweet ones, was that my little baby took his first steps! I of course missed his very first which he took towards his big sister but when we got home that night I got to see him walk a few times back and forth between my parents. But of course he was done by the time I got the camera out.So this morning I tried to get some more shots of him walking...Which didn't really happen...But he tried really hard...His sis was so worried about letting him go though...

No comments: