Yesterday a very old and dear friend of mine was in town. He was a friend of my brother's growing up and we stayed very close over the years even after he moved away to San Fransisco. He is an artist and was back in town for a book signing of his newly released collection of his work. I took the kids out to his book signing in the afternoon, they just love seeing him again. The boys love his star wars covers he has done so we got a few more of those books. Aubriel was sad that he doesn't have a coloring book but he said he would send her some stuff. She reminds him of a little me, which I suppose she is. I love all of his work but have told my children even that it is kind of disturbing but it is amazing to listen to him talk about his work. You will see it and it can evoke an emotion in you and then he can talk about how the piece was born and it will give you a totally different emotion. It is fascinating as is he.
That evening Dave and I met him and his wife out along with another old friend of ours whom I also met through my brother.
It was awesome to reconnect with them and talk about old times. We get to see one of the Jasons quite often as he still lives in WI but Felix is harder to catch up with as we have so many kids and he lives so far away. They both have an incredible sense of humor and I can't remember the last time I laughed so much or so hard.
With my poor relationship with my own brother it is wonderful to have these two still in my life and to remain so close to each of them. They have always been just as much like my brothers as my own... I could say my own brother was probably the only thing missing from last night!




No comments:
Post a Comment