Friday, February 1, 2008

Imbolc

"The celebration of Imbolg signals the middle of the season of long nights and anticipates the upcoming season of light. There is the first evidence of the return of life. The Sun is slowly starting to make its return and the very hardiest of plants will begin to grow again from this day forth."

I enjoy celebrating the changing of the seasons since it can so closely relate to the changes that continually take place within our own lives. David and I have struggled with change in our lives recently, both physically and emotionally and unfortunately some of which has been as dark as the days of winter we are in. But we have been given glimpses of life returning to us as well on this day. We have all heard the sayings that go something like... Out of our darkest hour comes our greatest enlightenment. Of course this is easier to remember when you are not in the middle of ones' "darkest hour."

We have had people enter our lives that have given us our faith back in this very belief. It has amazed us, humbled us and renewed us. To be blessed with people that truly walk the path of their faiths and beliefs, that have acted simply out of the shear kindness of their hearts and never once judged us has made us wonder what we have done to bring these beautiful people into our lives. They have reached out to us with their encouraging words, touched us with their generous actions and bestowed truly selfless gifts upon us.

It is a wonderful feeling to know that these people have been brought into our lives when we needed them the most to nurture our spirits, comfort our souls and remind us to hold on to what is truly important in our lives. I hope all of you know who you are (you should I think you are the ones that read my blog most often) and how very deeply you have impacted our lives... we have been forever changed for the better simply because you are with us!

1 comment:

Nikki Bettis said...

I love this post. Maybe because I have been at this same point in my life on and off throughout the years and have come to value who I have been given as friends that help me muddle my way through it. I love this post too maybe because of how much I have come to love you. You, my friend, are a treasure.