Dave and I are both floored that our little baby boy celebrated his 9th birthday today! We are SURE we are too young to have a 9 year old. To think about how very quickly these last 9 years have gone by it is hard to wrap our minds around the fact that in only another 9 he will be considered an adult... although some days I am sure he thinks he is one already.
Last night both Kain and Gage had basketball and they both won their games. I heard from other moms that my Kain was "on fire" making basket after basket. We surprised him with taking home one of his team mates and close friends for his first sleep over (at our house anyway). Then another friend joined them this afternoon for a play date. He decided to have his cake while his friends were still here... Pirates of the Caribbean cake.


Kain with his friends.
I have to say not only is Kain very popular at school but of all his "could be" friends he makes great choices with whom he chooses to spend his time with. His two closest friends are just truly wonderful kids that I love to have over and love to have Kain spend time with. I honestly hope these bonds that they are making will last throughout the years as they grow together! I think the best part is they have no problem including Gage as one of "the boys" when they all play together which is so great for Kain and Gage's bond as well!
We are looking forward to Raising Kain for the next 9 years and beyond as much as we have for the last 9!




No comments:
Post a Comment