Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy 2008!

I can't believe another year has come and gone already! We had a quietly evening at home with the kids... well, all but one. Kain was at a sleep over party, swimming at a hotel with his friend until 12:30 AM, so I heard today when he was dropped off. This of course had Gage in a tizzy all day yesterday but Dave got the new Simpson's movie for us to watch with the kids and we had pizza and cookies.

It is so funny because we always let the kids stay up until midnight if they can make it and it is fun to watch to see them drop like flies as the night wears on. Brody was first to go down around his usual bedtime, maybe 9 pm or so. Followed by Aubriel that made it an hour later. Then actually I think I was the next to start with sleepy eyes so we decided to watch the ball drop in "real" time in time square on TV and then sent Gage off to bed at 11 pm so we could follow.

Both Dave and I were in bed by 11:30 and Dave woke me up at midnight for a New Year's Kiss and then we snuggled in our warm bed thinking about the up coming year. 2007 was a good year, we took away many wonderful memories but are hoping to leave some of the baggage that we don't need there and look forward to what life has to offer us next.

The first month of the year always has a feeling of renewal but it especially does for us as we get to look forward to celebrating our first two children's births in Jan. and Feb. It is amazing to watch them turn another year older and think about all we have experienced since they have been part of our life (we actually struggle to remember any life before that, ha, ha).

Later this year we will get to welcome yet another member to our family and I swear it just never gets old for me. I actually think it gets better with each baby. It is just sweeter each time we welcome another child into our family since we have all the others to share in the excitement and joy. The kids seem to talk about the baby daily and I know as time draws near over these next few months their anticipation will continue to grow.

So as we go into the new year with all of our blessings from the last we hope 2008 will be a beautiful year for all!

No comments: