I thought I would add a belly progression picture up until now.I have just finished my 20th week and I have 20 left to go until my due date. Before Brody came along I would have guessed it would at LEAST be 21 weeks but our last baby was our first early baby coming 5 days before his due date even though our midwife guessed he was probably closer to two weeks early. My midwife was actually suppose to stop by today, mostly so we could just catch up and I could give her a massage since we are such dear friends but she was also going to check my belly measurement and let me listen to the heartbeat for the first time. Up until now we have been doing our own prenatal care since she is not able to do births at this time due to her very busy personal life. I figure after four babies we have a pretty good idea of what is going on.
Of course since we have such beautiful Midwest winters which can switch from melting snow to blizzards in a matter of hours she had to reschedule due to the several inches of snow we got this afternoon. I am much more bummed about not being able to converse over a warm cup of tea with my friend than anything but it would have been nice to hear our little baby's heartbeat for the first time too.
I am not worried though, I am sure it has one as baby has become so active in the last few weeks. I know the head is down at this point from the huge protruding butt that is up under my ribs but of course at this size the baby can still flip about easily. All in all things are going well, my blood pressure remains low, my weight has gone down a little but is normal for me during the beginning of my pregnancies and I am measuring about as I should, if anything a little bigger than norm but maybe that is my norm now with this being my 5th baby.
I can not believe how fast this pregnancy is going and I am sure the next 20 weeks will be over before I know it and we will be welcoming our newest family member into the family. Until then I am going to sit back and soak in all these up coming weeks has to offer us!
Of course since we have such beautiful Midwest winters which can switch from melting snow to blizzards in a matter of hours she had to reschedule due to the several inches of snow we got this afternoon. I am much more bummed about not being able to converse over a warm cup of tea with my friend than anything but it would have been nice to hear our little baby's heartbeat for the first time too.
I am not worried though, I am sure it has one as baby has become so active in the last few weeks. I know the head is down at this point from the huge protruding butt that is up under my ribs but of course at this size the baby can still flip about easily. All in all things are going well, my blood pressure remains low, my weight has gone down a little but is normal for me during the beginning of my pregnancies and I am measuring about as I should, if anything a little bigger than norm but maybe that is my norm now with this being my 5th baby.
I can not believe how fast this pregnancy is going and I am sure the next 20 weeks will be over before I know it and we will be welcoming our newest family member into the family. Until then I am going to sit back and soak in all these up coming weeks has to offer us!




No comments:
Post a Comment