Or at least that is what we will be doing later tonight. I love them, we have a few for that very reason. When I was growing up we only ever had one... it was a scratch and sniff one which after the first few years it only smelled of cardboard and stale basement but yet we continued to pull it out every year. I always wanted my mom to get my brother and I more, maybe even our very own but since we had ONE I guess that was enough for both us. I remember being so jealous of my neighbors that always had the ones with chocolate in them. I use to think that those must be really expensive since we never had them only to grow up and find that they are actually quite cheap with equally cheap chocolate inside of them, so I guess I didn't miss as much as I thought I did. I suppose it comes as no surprise that I have never had the desire now to get them for my kids but I have thought about making my own with good chocolate in them.
I would have some Christmas stuff up already but I decided to wait for Dave to get home from work to haul the boxes up. I have been so exhausted with this pregnancy, I use to just think it was normal seeing how I was in my first trimester but now I am 16 weeks and it hasn't gone away. Perhaps this is just the way it is being pregnant with four kids to take care of. Other than that I have been feeling great!
Tomorrow we have plans to go cut down our Christmas tree and I was just hoping we would have snow when we go... now that it has been snowing ALL day, we are just hoping their isn't too much snow. The thought of walking through a few inches of snow with 4 small children in tow does not sound very appealing. Although I must say I think this is the first year the weather listened to me. I say every year it can snow from Dec.1 to Jan. 31 and then I am SO done with it. I love having snow for the holiday season, not one day before that and I could care less if it continues after Dec.
This was the boys playing football in the backyard this afternoon when it first started snowing...
And this was the backyard just a little bit ago before the sun went down!
Oh, I am so looking forward to Christmas this year! Our house lights up during this time of year, literally and figuratively. David loves it more than any other time of year and he just keeps the excitement burning in the rest of us, not that it takes much for children. Our Christmas cards got in the mail yesterday, we are almost done with our Christmas shopping, we picked out wrapping paper yesterday so I can start wrapping soon, today our snow came and tomorrow we will decorate our home... then we just get to sit back and soak in the season as we prepare for our families to arrive.

Brody listening to Christmas music from the computer today!
No comments:
Post a Comment