Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The New 7 Year Old in the House!



That would be our Gage! His birthday was today. We started it out by having breakfast at McDonald's (our tradition) just Gage, Kain and myself before we headed off to school. I helped Gage deliver his 30 cup cakes to his class and kissed him good-bye for the day. After school we had his choice for dinner, tacos, and then of course cake and presents. He picked out a racing cake this year which my mom picked up for him.
Aubriel and Brody waiting for cake!

Dad trying to get some snuggle time in before bed... Some of Gage's quick mood change taking place because he didn't want to go to bed.

Our little (or not so little any more) Gage would be our intense child. There is nothing in between with Gage, he runs hot and cold, black and white, he is either happy or down right mad and everyone knows it. But even through all this he can be our most charming, cuddly, witty, warm-hearted child yet. He is quiet and shy at school, most often seen with his infamous grin, from what I hear. Which surprises us at times compared to the little man that runs around our house. When he isn't making us pull our hair out he is making us laugh. I love the things that come out of this kid's mouth. So much so I thought I would make a favorite top 5 of last year's Gage Quotes...

5) "I will probably have kids but I am NOT getting married"
(Just what every parent likes to hear)

4) "The only thing I hate about our cousin's house is their water is too warm"
(I guess we might have to show him where the ice is kept)

3) "If I get to pick what I am in my next life I will be a bird"
(It is wonderful when your children start thinking about the future)

2) (This one gets two because I just can't decide which grandma conversation is better) "Grandma, why did you marry someone SO much older than you?"
(My parents are only 1 year apart, Grandma's response was even better "well he wasn't that old when I married him")
"Grandma, you look a lot older than my other Grandma"
(actually that grandma would be younger than his other one, you got to love the honesty of a child)

1) "Want to know what the worst thing about dying is? I might come back as a girl"
(Well, that is good to know that is the worst thing about dying)

He certainly gives new meaning to taking the bitter with the sweet but luckily for him his sweetness is beyond any other, we wouldn't want him any other way and couldn't imagine our life Gageless!

No comments: