Saturday, September 29, 2007

19 to 10...

That was the score of Kain's first football game today (the last two weeks have just been practice), unfortunately Kain's team was the 10. Now I know what I am about to go off about is pretty much any mother bragging about their child but for the record in MY case it is different because it is actually true. Kain is by far the best player on the team... not only did Kain single handily keep the team from getting totally crushed because I swear he was the only one out there pulling flags BUT he had a hand in everyone of the ten points their team scored. So after Kain not getting the ball for most of the game, while his mother sat on the sidelines contemplate giving his coach a piece of my mind, they FINALLY gave him the ball... Kain scored the first 2 points with a safety, was the QB on the their only touchdown and took out the sting of losing with a run and dive just hitting the pylon on the final play of the game for the last 2 points scored! I was so proud (just in case you couldn't tell that already) too bad his Dad wasn't there to see him in all his glory. I unfortunately brought the camera but got no pictures of the game since I forgot to make sure the memory card was in it... that seems to happen more often after David uses the camera last I have noticed. Oh well, he has 4 weeks left and is loving every minute of it. I think he will enjoy it even more next year when he plays more "real" games as Kain claims the score should not have been that bad as they never called a penalty on the other team... his father is turning him into a football monster!

No comments: