Sunday, December 26, 2010

Our 12 Days of Yule...

Okay so we aren't through our full 12 days yet but we usually try to celebrate as many as we can or as many as Dave's schedule allows for. We always kick it off by letting the kids open their first present on the Solstice or sometimes the Eve of as the case was this year since Dave had the day off. The kids don't get a lot of gifts from us but we try to let them open the ones from us on days we won't be gathering with other friends or family.

The kids and I spent the 22nd with friends while Dave went to a movie with my brother. I wish I would have gotten pictures from that night since it was such fun for all and such a wonderful addition to our holidays. But alas we were too busy enjoying our evening for me to remember to pick up a camera.

Dave had the 23rd off so we had our own intimate Christmas with the kids. They opened the remainder of their gifts from us and the ones their Grandma from AZ sent in the mail.

I love that my tripod allowed us to get a picture from that night. We finished it off as we always do with Dave's nights off in Dec... curled up on the couch watching a Christmas special.


Christmas Eve we drove up north to my Aunt's house for Christmas with my Dad's side of the family. Ozzye made friends with my uncle Steve... well he made friends with just about everyone but this was the only picture I got.
My Grandma was actually there this year for Christmas which is an extra special treat since she usually leaves for FL before the first snow fall. So naturally I had to seize the opportunity to get a generation picture.
All the kids with MY cousins. My Dad's baby sister and I had kids about the same time so the kids always get confused as to who's cousins they really are... but I guess it is all the same anyway.
Their silly faces... I wish they got along...


Christmas Day was spent at my brother's this year which was also extra special with them moving back this year. We have rarely seen them in the past over the holidays with them being so far away so what family on my mom's side that could make it came down to celebrate with us.
Ozzye and my brother, Brian... He was singing to him.
Grandma with most of her Great-Grandkids (just my two cousin's kids were missing)...
My parents with all of their Grandchildren. It was SO nice to have a good old fashion Christmas with all the family together again!
Ozzye fast asleep Christmas night...
Gage getting his snuggle time in...
Look who woke up....
Aubriel and Brody sleeping in the new tent Santa brought...
I just felt like Kain needed his picture taken... he however did not...


Tonight we had our Christmas with Dave's Dad and Step-Mom. I feel so blessed to have so much family near by to surround my children with. I hope they grow up with fond memories of this time of year.
Yes, I took several but somehow this was the best I got...


This was taken Christmas night at my brother's but I think it is one of my new favorites. It seems like the camera is so rarely turned on Dave and I especially when we are simply enjoying the moments life brings us. I cherish these memories caught in a photo. As if I need to be reminded of how very lucky I am to have such a wonderful person to love and that loves me so completely but it is nice to still have.
I am so incredibly blessed with my husband and children, friends and family! We certainly enjoyed and loved all of them we got to see these past few days and missed and remembered those we didn't.
We look forward to what the next year has in store for us and can't wait to meet this newest tiny blessing that will be gracing us in about 3 months!

No comments: