I hit 28 weeks a few days ago which means I am in the home stretch. It honestly feels like it has flown by! I suppose they do more and more with each one, with each child added to the family to chase after and keep you just that much more busy. I am back
to the feeling of just one baby moving about in my belly. There was a short period of time a few weeks ago where I swear I could hear two heartbeats. With Ozzye I got myself all worked up thinking there could be more than one simply based on my size and measurements alone and while those have continued to be above average it doesn't make me think anything but that fact after 5 babies already previously occupying my uterus it has taken on a cruel sense of humor. Baby is large enough that I can make out where and how they sit in my belly and I find it funny they have taken up the same broken in spot Ozzye did... perhaps all the babies did but I guess those are the little joys you miss out on being hurried in and out of one's Dr office. However before baby settled in every once and a while they would flip to my left side rather than my right and it sounded oh so much like another faint heartbeat on my
right side if I pushed in enough with my fetoscope. They are not known for their echos like dopplers and it didn't sound one bit like the placenta I can here on either side of my hip, but I know it lies to the back so maybe that is all it was after all. Baby has plunked it's self in head down with it's butt to my right side which is showing no signs of anything but one little bundle. While it stays active kicking and wiggling I don't see it moving positions much more before the birth at this point.
I measured myself at 31 cm which I still don't wonder if I am off on that as well and if it is maybe closer to 30 cm. Either way can't say it matters a whole heck of a lot but it's fun to compare to what I was with Oz. So far I have gained a total of 15# which is a bit depressing considering that was my total weight gain with Kain but I also had a higher starting weight with Kain and have kept my ending weight within about 10# so hopefully this baby will at least continue to follow that personal rule. Here is all 28 weeks and 31 cm of my baby belly...

And even though my older pictures are horrible and I didn't take them as often (at least I took some, I don't have any from the first 3) it is still fun to compare. While I have carried all my babies, boy or girl, like a "basketball" rather than the "football" like some women which pretty much proves the boys like basketball and girls like football th
eory right out the window. I did noticed this baby seems to have a bit more rounded shape rather than the slopping shape that last two seemed to give my belly. Other than that, and maybe it's the camera angle, I almost think I looked the largest with #5?

We got all our Christmas stuff put away and I am officially in nesting mode! I think I may actually need a list for all my lists, which is exceptionally funny since I am not even the least bit a list person. My mom would be so proud, maybe it just took 30 some years and 6 pregnancies to turn me into her.
I have got all the clothes and diapers washed and found a new home for them which storage seems to be our biggest challenge with adding a new family member theses days. And for some unknown, insane, pregnancy related reason I decided I DESPERATELY wanted new crib bedding and decided to save myself a ton of money, not stress however seeing as how I am a horrible fake seamstress, and make some. And yes, despite the fact that I actually feel like I'm having another boy I added just a bit of pink to it. The fact I "feel" like it's a boy should be enough after the first 5 (yes I guessed EVERYONE wrong) to know it is a girl (which I still don't really believe) but it really had more to do with the pink, bunny, toile that would not stop haunting my dreams... so I gave into it.

I have been nesting like mad in our bedroom even though I don't plan to give birth in there but the other pictures will have to wait for another post...




No comments:
Post a Comment