Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Two Holidays Since Last Blog Post!

I know that's pretty bad... We celebrated both Thanksgiving and St. Nick's day and not only did I not post about them but I didn't get a single picture from either. I really, really enjoy Thanksgiving aside from the fact my birthday ALWAYS falls within days of it and let's face it, holidays make people far to busy for birthday fun. But I think the reason why I didn't get any pictures has more to do with the fact we didn't really go anywhere or see much family. As usual we had my parents over for dinner and then later in the evening my brother and his family stopped by. It was a good day though enjoyed by all and I think this year we are extra Thankful for all that we have.


I did however get pictures of us going to cut down our Christmas tree! It has become one of our most cherished traditions! We longed to do it so many years when the older boys were little but with Dave's work schedule and then the kids being in school we just rarely found time to fit it in. But a few years ago we found a place not far from GB, which is open during the week and all their trees are the same price. Which is a must for Dave since he hates walking around looking at tree after tree trying to figure out which one will cost him the least when he says by nature I will unknowingly fall in love with the most expensive. County H tree farm is the sweetest place by far we have visited. Owned by a little old couple with a log cabin that they give away free hot chocolate to the kids, it just screams holiday warmth!

Here are the kids running through the trees, looking for just the right one...
Gage freezing...
Here is the one they settled on! It is BIG!
Their favorite part of the trip and probably one of my favorite shots of the season. We let them ride in back through the grounds to the cabin.
Back at the cabin....
Having hot cocoa while Daddy secures the tree on the truck...
All ready to go!
Finished, decorated tree!


Then last week we went to visit Santa and Mrs. Clause at my mom's work. We have gone every year since Kain was first born. Brody went first. Very excited but a bit too nervous to make eye contact....
Ozzye took one look at Brody sitting on Santa's lap and decided it was NOT the thing for him...
He was fond of Mrs. Clause however...
Probably because she gave him a bag of candy and didn't look quite as intimidating...
Kain chatting with his old friend...
Aubriel on the other hand was mesmerized and didn't take her eyes off of him once...
Gage with Santa...
After every one else was done my mom told Ozzye I would like a picture of him with Santa and he didn't bat an eye at crawling up on his lap. I think he might be getting use to this whole picture taking thing.
Then since we went with my Brother and his family we needed one of Grandma with all the grand kids!

No comments: