Since my last pregnancy update was when I had just hit 20 weeks I thought I would post some more recent photos. Unfortunately the only growth I really notice that is visible would be the bulge hanging over the BACK of my pants rather than the front. But I have started to waddle now and baby is certainly stretching the limits of the inside of my belly for certain so it must be expanding in some capacity.

I continue to struggle with getting my belly measurements just right. I did not measure nearly as much with Ozzye as I did with this one, which is hard to believe since it seemed liked I measured a ton with him. I think I measured quite a bit with him simply because I was in awe of the measurements I was getting compared to the first four babies.
Now I measure in hopes to gain insight. Like cracking a code or something. I just want to get it right! With Oz I measured myself over by about 3cm a lot until my midwife helped me figure out what I was doing wrong. She got me closer to 1.5-2 cm over my weeks which was still on the large side for me but not crazy large.
Ozzye's pregnancy size and birth weight certainly solidified the fact that measurements don't really mean anything. I consistently measured 1.5-2 cm ahead and he came out my smallest at 6# 5oz. But in the interest of tracking a pregnancy in some way, since I am pretty low key anyway, it is suppose to be more accurate than an ultrasound guess. Of course I think Oz proved that one wrong as well so maybe it just all really means nothing in the end.
So far I have gotten the measurements as followed:
20 weeks - 21 cm
22 weeks - 24 cm
24 weeks - 27 cm
26 weeks - 30 cm
Although with that being said a couple of my friends recently measured me at 27 and 28 cm over this last weekend... and they probably have about as good of a idea of what they are doing as I do. 27-28 would certainly be in my normal range with Ozzye albeit large for the average woman... but I suppose there is nothing average about me and my pregnancies at this point. So either they are far better at this stuff than I am, maybe one can't measure themselves accurately? Or I am am growing at a rapid rate...
The heartbeat continues to be fast but I of course don't have any numbers since I only use a fetoscope. And I am starting to be able to make out the head and butt floating around in there which is always fun... well fun for me, I'm not quite sure how much the baby enjoys being poked at.
A couple more weeks and we will be in the home stretch. I can't believe how fast this pregnancy is flying by!




No comments:
Post a Comment