I wish I would have taken a picture this morning of all four kids SITTING, quietly, I might add, at the kitchen table eating their cereal. All of them LOVE cereal and because of our commitment to only drinking raw milk now we have been without for 3 weeks since the person that gets it for us has been too busy lately. Well yesterday we finally got more and the kids were thrilled! Maybe now they won't mind so much if we ever have to drive and get it ourselves again. It has been such a blessing to have found someone willing to make the drive for us as we have found raw milk to be so healing, especially for Gage in regards to his dairy allergy and has become a huge part of our diet.
I was just sitting thinking about how very blessed we have been in many areas of our life lately. Last week some of the moms from the holistic moms group I belong to decided they would take turns making us meals. They had asked me soon after I gave birth to Ozzye but I declined as I hated the thought of putting anyone out but when they heard of our recent illness making its way through our family they said I no longer had a choice and they were going ahead as planned. So last Friday was our first meal and since then they have continued dropping off another every other day since. Words can not even describe how truly wonderful it feels to have such people in our lives!
The last two years have been a struggle for David and I personally in many ways and at the beginning of the year it was feeling like the end. We had felt like we had hit rock bottom and had no idea what direction our lives would take next. I suppose looking back on it perhaps it was an end in some ways because since then we have been given the kindest, sweetest, most thoughtful people that have picked us back up. It has been over whelming, humbling and exhilarating! We still struggle with some of the same old things that continue to plague us but we have more hope and patience with the individuals that have shown us what love really looks like! Thank you to all of our dear friends that have touched our lives!
And I am thinking it couldn't have come at a better time based on the "play" time I had with Aubriel this afternoon. She was playing with her light up magic wand and I took it and waved it around her and said "Aubriel is the prettiest girl in the world. Poof! See Aubriel it worked." So then she took it and waved it around me and said "you are nicest mom now!"
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment