Well, my other baby... He is 33!
And this was all he wanted...

...to see yet another baby wear the "chick jammies" (I actually think they are ducks but they look more like chicks, thus they were named the "chick jammies" when Kain first wore them). Now I think anyone that has even 1 baby ever has a certain piece of clothing that they simply fall in love with their baby wearing. For Dave and I it was (and still is) the chick jammies, they were a gift for Kain when he was first born from Dave's mom. There is nothing overly special about these jammies except the fact that we loved to dress Kain in them, there was something about how they hugged every curve of his round little body and 9 years ago sleepers did not define the legs quite like these did which just made his little feet pop. Of course now all of the kids have had sleepers that have done this but it is too late the chick jammies have already won our hearts!

With each baby we have we patiently await the day that they get big enough to wear the infamous jammies. With Brody we almost waited too long! Dave even said today that every time he sees them he remembers them being darker and brighter in color and even when we pulled them out for Brody to wear we noticed a small hole developing in one heel. Now one would think that we could finally part with this sleeper that is getting thinner than my Dad's T-shirts (and for those of you that don't know my Dad he has a habit of wearing shirts until they resembled rice paper) but NOOO, with each baby we pull them out with more pride than the child that came before them and parade them around like they are starring in their own fashion show... and I suppose they are, for us! Dave has said this by far is going to be the saddest thing about not having any more babies... when one will no longer wear the "chick jammies".
Now I suppose we could pass them on to each of our grandchildren, although it may be something we have to keep and secretly dress them in while we are babysitting or something. Or I am sure our kids will look at pictures of themselves in something we have always held so dear and wonder "what in the world were they thinking!" kind of like David said to his mom when she brought us this picture and little outfit of his...
He wanted to know if it was common when he was a baby to be dressed so girly. I am thinking it must have been since I remember seeing pictures of my brother dressed very much the same. So there he is 390 some odd months ago and here he is today.
Sorry the pic came out a little blurry, Kain took it for me since I was holding the cake.
The oldest and youngest in our house.
Nighty night (chick jammies, yay)!
No comments:
Post a Comment