Monday, February 9, 2009

Random Notes on Aubriel

So yesterday Aubriel comes up to me and says...

"How cold is it out? You know there is going to be 6 more weeks of winter because that guy saw his shadow? Yeah, on Groundhogs Day."

A few minutes later the boys and I are talking and some how Pennsylvania comes up. Aubriel comes up to me very excited and says...

"Hey I know Pennsylvania! That guy that saw his shadow is from there."

I reply... "Oh, yeah? Is his name Pennsylvania Phil"

Aubriel: "Yeah, except there is no pencil in it."

The room is silent. Then about 5 minutes go by and out of the blue Aubriel says...

"You know, you will die if you eat a laser."

My friend came to visit me recently. I have known him forever, he is like a brother to me... probably more than a brother for those of you that know my brother. He is like, Jason, my chosen brother, ironically also named Jason. Anyway he is an artist and the kids were quite excited about his visit as they look at some of his paintings daily in their bathroom. I have not seen him in about 8 years so most of the children have never met him or remember him. So I told the boys I would show him his website but some of the content might not be for young viewers. I think I used the terms, weird and disturbing. But being little boys that only intrigued them more and they promise they wouldn't be scared by anything. Which they weren't, they loved his stuff, which I should have figured, since I love his work as well (even if some is weird and disturbing).

So he gets here and the kids suddenly get out all their paper and crayons and start drawing. Aubriel drew him two pictures... the first was all of us swimming, fitting since we had just gotten back from a water park. The second was a picture of her and Jason standing in the snow by the water. In the water was a shark, in the shark was a whole person and he had the biggest smile on his face. Actually all of the people were smiling whether they had been eaten by the shark or not. Now what was I saying about weird and disturbing?

Jason and Aubriel of course hit it off, are now best friends and promised to send one another art work often!

No comments: