Yesterday our little Brodric Becket turned two years old! I swear it goes by faster with each child. He is what is known as our "bonus baby" around here since he was truly our unplanned but by no means unwanted baby. Although I think David and I only actually "tired" for 1 of our children I think every couple enters marriage with some magic number whether that be more or less children then you end up with. It must run in my genes since my parents magic number was 0 and then ended up with 2. For us our "magic number" was definitely less then what we will end up with. We planned on having 3 when we first got married but after Aubriel it just never quite felt complete, sometimes I don't wonder if our magic number is what made the experience of having Brody just that much sweeter. Not only was he not "planned" but he was in the truest sense a bonus. Webster defines bonus as "something in addition to what is expected or strictly due." We expected to have 3 so when we were blessed with another that we didn't even know we needed until he entered our lives we were over come with just as much joy and happiness as our first 3 but with an added sense of gratitude that once again someone would pick us to be their parents. Some cultures believe that it is the soul that choose their parents, I believe this must be true because for the life of me I can not imagine what I could have done or been to deserve someone gifting me such an amazing present as my children. Plus when I am being told I am the meanest mom ever I like to remind them that they choose me as their mom. I am just kidding I don't really do that.
Now that is not to say he has not come with his challenges because he has plenty to make up for his incredible cuteness. But in the two years he has been a part of our family he has made each and every one of us feel so blessed to have him in our lives! Two years ago he was welcomed into our family by everyone in our family, his brothers and sister were there to witness his birth, cut his cord, help dress him, kiss him, hug him and love him from the first moments of new breath. It was such a beautiful beginning to a life, one that I feel not only he will benefit from but the other children as well as the bond that was forged between them in the first moments of life.
No comments:
Post a Comment