Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter!

Can't really say I have a whole lot to say about this day. I probably wouldn't even bother celebrating at all if not for the societal pressures of not wanting my children to feel "left out" like I did as a child on Christmas day. I can respect the religious aspect of the day but I really find it quiet ridiculous just how Easter is determined each year. I mean seriously if one wants to celebrate the resurrection of Christ wouldn't it be far more plausible of an anniversary if it fell on the same day each year? At least when Christianity hijacked Christmas from the pagans they had his birthday fall on the same day but when you actually have to reference the pagan holiday every year to determine your own holiday something is a bit off. But non the less any excuse to hunt around the house for things is a good one in my book (oh and having my husband home is always an added bonus as well) so Happy Easter! Or Happy 1st Sunday after the 1st full moon after the spring equinox! Beltane is right around the corner and I am ready for spring to be here so I don't mind getting a jump on things. Here's our family day in a nut shell...

Hunting for eggs...
Well not for everyone...
Home made cinnamon rolls for breakfast...
Sick of me taking pictures already? It's a tad early for that one!
The kids almost always get outside toys for Easter. Squirt guns and water balloons were the big items this year...
The little kids ambushed Dave while they were shooting hoops...
Aubriel got him right away...
aaaaand the look directed at me, as if I had anything to do with it... Okay maybe I had a *little* something to do with it...
Then Ozzye tried to get him...
But it didn't break so he tried again...
and again...
He got him in the junk...
but it still didn't break...
I think it finally broke on the ground after SEVERAL attempts but it was funny!

I had to get at least one picture of all six of them despite the fact Eila was VERY unhappy...
thought Ozzye petting Kain was funny...
Now she's happy...
Not sure what his plans are with the snow shovel...
He asked his Dad to tie his balloon and after he did he threw it to him to catch...
which clearly he didn't...
boys...
Dave doing weird things with our baby...
Dave chasing the kids with water balloons...
Gage jumping over the one he threw at him...
Kain however did not escape this one...
All in all it was a wonderful family day. My parents were missed since they are in Florida and my brother's family was with his in-laws but luckily our family is big enough to be it's own party. Hopefully the kids will soon be off to bed in their sugar comas and we can start detoxing tomorrow!

No comments: