Although it doesn't feel much like it outside I couldn't feel more springy on the inside! Today was Aubriel's last day at public school. After talking with her extensively about finishing out the school year and then home schooling or simply doing it after spring break she very clearly explained (with the calendar) that she did in fact want to start home schooling in the spring. So we figured why bother waiting and pulled her out. She had a great kindergarten year, she made 1 really good friend, whom hopefully she will see more of outside of school, she had an excellent teacher and most of all some fun which really is all I want for my children which is part of the reason we are pulling her. She loves learning and seems to posses so much self directed learning at this point we don't want her to lose that. Although the time she spent at school was fun she missed her baby brothers and her parents, so much so when Dave and I tried to go out by ourselves the other night she cried for us. That tells us the days are simply too long and she needs to be with her family more than she needs to "learn" in the way the state feels learning should take place.
I couldn't be happier either to have her home with us. I have spoken with more than one mom this year about their daughters struggling with other girls and friends in 4th grade and I pray my daughter will not have to deal with quite so much of that now. Gage continues to show a more positive attitude and I think he is going to enjoy Aubriel being home with him as well. Now that spring break is officially under way we get to enjoying our vacation... I can hardly wait for the beach!
Friday, March 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment