Monday, November 24, 2008

NOW we have snow!

Which we only got last night. Now the funny part about this story... or at least I find it funny... Dave not so much. Since of course he was hunting most of the weekend he explained earlier last week how only bad hunters want snow while hunting to track their deer but good hunters don't want any snow so that the deer are harder for the bad hunters to spot. This of course is key to the tale I am about to tell about a boy and his deer.


So he hunts all day on Sat. and sees nothing big and/or a doe so he doesn't shoot them. Since he came home Sat. night for my birthday he leaves again Sunday morning to go back out. He returns home later than he had said he would. Why? I wondered that myself. Turns out he was in the woods with his Dad, Uncle and Cousin "tracking" (with flash lights and no snow, I might add) the biggest buck he had ever seen, much less shot but clearly not enough to drop it. So they finally call it quits after losing the trail of blood they had found and he came home and prayed for no snow for just one more day so they could have a better chance of finding it in the day light. So what did we wake up to this morning? This out our front window....
So if it looks like this here I bet it looks like this or worse farther north. I told him it was karma for his poor communication with his wife over her BIRTHDAY weekend... believe it or not he didn't find it as funny as I did.


But what is funny is the fact that Brody is like a senile old man. He reminds me of Grandpa Simpson. This morning he is running around in only a shirt, one that happens to be a tad longer than most to cover up his twig and berries and he spills water on it.

So he takes it off and says,

"what the heck?"

Now heck is like a punctuation for Brody, it is added to every single question he asks.

Then he says,

"where the heck is my wonderwear?"(which is what underwear sounds like when he says it) while he picks up his shirt to look inside for it. So I tell him that he was not wearing any and he replies

"what! where the heck did it go?"

He didn't have any on when he woke up this morning in my bed but yet I am suppose to know what happened to it?!

No comments: