Friday, April 25, 2008

37 weeks and Traveling

I am 37 weeks today! Dave and I are now trying to narrow down names... we have four of each picked out and a name poll listed on the side if anyone would like to vote for their favorite.

The kids and I just returned from TN earlier this week. We drove out there to meet up with friends, one from TX and the other from NC and their children. We had so much fun! My mom came with me so there were 4 women and 19 children total. Dave and I talked about how strange it would be to be the person with the least amount of children for a change and it kind of was. I am so use to having the monopoly on children when I get together with friends. It was wonderful to see one of them again and finally meet the other. We have all been emailing for about two years now and have hoped and prayed from this meeting for so long! I am happy to report it went as well as we had dreamed and was not the nightmare it could have been. Although I think we had all become such good friends before this meeting we were not too worried about not hitting it off!
All the kids played great together and it was so much fun to see new friendships made. I love that my children were exposed to other large families, that they were able to see them as "normal" and that they could relate to the bonds that are created between so many children. They talked all the way home about things we did and their new friends. I know they will be looking forward to when they can see them all again.
When we returned home David had surprised me with painting the living room. We had been talking about doing this for a while so he figured with the kids and I being out of the house he would get it done before the birth of the baby. Since we plan to have the birth in the living room he wanted to make it beautiful for me, so he bought some new lamps and pictures and did some rearranging. He also moved a chair from our living room upstairs into our bedroom to create a place for me to read. I think he has sweetened with age and only tries to do more for me the longer we have been married... I only wish I could say the same about me!

No comments: