Monday, April 7, 2008

15 items or less

This is a common check out in most grocery stores and I noticed today when I ran in with all four kids in tow to JUST pick up a few items, relatively speaking of course, to make dinner that I will probably never be able to use this lane again. Sure we were just there to get fix'ins for tacos, some fresh fruit, and coconut oil to make chocolates (ummm... yum). And as I stood behind the 3 people in front of me with their carts filled to the top, plus that guy that "forgot something" and walked super slow to boot and the other 3 lanes that were also open that had just as many people if not more in them with carts that were just as full, I realized I probably did only have 15 actual products in my cart but since I needed two of just about everything to feed a family of 6 1/2 I figured they would not allow me to check out in that lane! So there I sat trying to amuse four overly active, hungry, one newly potty trained child that loves to "cry potty" now when he is bored, whinny children begging for candy, since they make the candiless lanes but NEVER actually open them, waiting for the slow guy to get back just in time to pick up his spot after the guy in front of me but before us, of course. If they can have an express lane and even a candiless lane (that is never open), why, oh, why can't they have a large family/bulk express lane?

No comments: