Sunday, March 9, 2008

The Shape of a Mother

I came across this blog the other day titled "The Shape of a Mother." I think it is absolutely beautiful! What a wonderful idea to make real mother's bodies super models?! This is really the type of models all of our daughters, sons and husbands should be using as a form of comparison. To look upon the beauty of a woman in her completely natural state after nourishing such a beautiful gift with her body.

I can remember as a small child my favorite body part of my mother was her cheeks. When she would tuck me in bed at night and bend down to give me a kiss, I would take a deep breath and inhale the scent of my mother's face and nestle my face against her smooth soft cheek. I wonder what memories of me and my body my children will take with them into adulthood?

I can remember looking at my mother's dimpled belly and feeling so lucky that she was willing to "sacrifice" her body to give birth to me. Being born at home "where babies come from" was very prevalent in our home. I think more women should have pride over the changes inflicted on their bodies due to having children but I can admit even for me this is a struggle. How beautiful would our world be though if this became the norm?

No comments: