Aubriel had a busy summer at the gym learning new skills. I'm not sure which one of us is more jazzed about these upcoming fall meets. Gage didn't get out golfing as much as I would've liked for him but Kain and him got out quite a bit together and I hope it was time together they will cherish. Kain started football two weeks ago, first year not being in pop-warner. And he started his first day back to school today. New school. 7th grade. He seemed fine this morning... me not so much. I mean I'm "fine" I'm just not fine. I know he is going to do great. He's like his mom, social and has to be on the move.... usually. Which is probably why I'm not really all that fine. Last year was suppose to be THE year. It was our year to travel a lot, for me to spend lots of time with the kids (which I did do) but I had visions of it being out and about and on the go constantly. And I think we sat at home more last year than ever before. Between being pregnant and our excessively long winter and the lack of schedules meshing it just didn't happen the way I wanted it to. It is certainly no wonder he wanted to go back to school. And now of course I can already see things changing for us. We joined the new Kroc Center that just went up here in town and the classes they are or will be offering seem endless. Poor Kain, after the Y just didn't have much for us last year we now seem almost over whelmed with all the extras we want to add to our already busy schedule.
On a more selfish note I have gotten incredibly spoiled now that he is of babysitting age. Although it might be good for Brode who has become a bit too much of a home body. I love having my children home with me, I love the bonds that they create with one another because of it but this is his choice and I honor that. I honestly believe each one is so different they need to be raised in their own way, which for Kain is going to school. I'm excited for him. I hope he has a wonderful year. He is already thrilled to be back into the sports he loves so much. We have a scrimmage tonight we will be going to watch! And the rest of the kids are finding their way through life and schooling, taking it one year at a time. We are kicking off our "school" year with a not back to school swimming party with our home school group. The kids can hardly wait and have been in half a dozen times in the last 15 minutes asking when we will go. So this post is short. I can't promise anymore anytime soon, although I know I have some new pics I should be posting, but I promise to try... just like I will try to clean my desk and Tupperware cupboard.




No comments:
Post a Comment