Monday, June 21, 2010

Our Sweet Seven Year Old...

We returned home from vacation (pictures of that to follow) the night before Aubriel's 7th birthday. It was a treat that Dave still had the day off so we were able to celebrate the day of instead of one day before or after. After giving much thought to what we would get her this year we opted to get her a "girly" bike. Since she is the only girl and we are over run with numerous "boy" or gender neutral items with wheels it was hard for Dave to wrap his mind around why we need yet another bike, trike, car, bus, boat or even plane simply because it is purple and pink but he agreed none the less thinking that the bright smile he would be bringing to his adorable baby girl's face would more than make up for the fact she would out grow it in a blink of an eye and probably get more use as an obstacle for him to trip over than anything else.

I guess we should have assumed the latter would be closer to the truth because this was NOT the response we were counting on...Completely bummed out that her new bike did not come with training wheels like the old one of her brother's she had been using and her father did not fit in enough time to finish teaching her to ride the two wheel before we left for vacation I assumed the logical step would be to put the training wheels on this bike for her. But he Dad had other plans thinking it would be motivation for her to learn how to ride... she did humor him a could of times but has not returned to her new bike since taking a digger in the grass on her birthday. I must say it is one of the cutest things ever to watch the battle between father and daughter... thus far I think she is winning.I think Kain counted 10 tries to blow out this last candle... it was getting the best of her!I can't really say any one of our children is more of a blessing than any other... they all add their very own dynamic to our family which simply wouldn't be the same without it but Aubriel brings something completely new and different into our family. She is soft and gentle, loving and nurturing, emotional and dramatic which can be both a positive and negative at times. But she is definitely good for all of us... both her younger and older brother... her Daddy, she keeps him humble... she challenges me in ways my boys never could and while most of the time I don't like it, it keeps me growing in ways I never imagined. Life has most definitely been sweeter since the arrival of our little princess 7 years ago!2010
2009
2008
2007
2006
2005
2004
2003
Aubriel Keith's Birth Day

No comments: