A recent conversation with Kain...
Kain: "mom do you believe in karma?"
Me: "yes I do and I also believe that children choose their parents, so thanks for picking me."
Kain: "really?"
Me: "yep many cultures believe that when babies are still spirits they choose who they want their parents to be in their next life."
Kain: "so all of us have lived many lives before?"
Me: "many people believe so."
Kain: "do you believe that?"
Me: "yes I do."
Kain: "huh, so if there is karma and past lives I wonder what I did in my last life to get you as a mom?"
Me: "are you saying that in a good way or bad (because he didn't make it sound like a good way)"
Kain: (laughs)
I guess the thing I found funny about this conversation, aside from the obvious, is that later that day I read a post of a woman comforting another who had just had a miscarriage and recommended the book, Spirit Babies. So having had two myself I decided to get the book. It arrived just days after hearing about a friend's loss which always breaks my heart to hear. I am loving the book though since not only has the metaphysical world always fascinated me but especially my children's spiritual journeys to finding me as their mother. I do not think the miracle and creation of life will ever stop amazing me!
Sunday, September 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment