Aubriel and Brody were playing upstairs and I was scared half to death when I wandered into my bedroom with a basket of clothes to put away and found this... in my bed! Then Aubriel thanked me for taking a picture of them...
I am a 34 year old mother of six (all which I am proud to say have the same amazing father, that seems to be the most asked question of David and I for some reason). I am planning my second unassisted childbirth for this upcoming birth. I have always dreamed of being a mother above all else and live for the family I have created with my husband.
When I am not being "mom" I am a Massage Therapist, Childbirth Doula and owner of No More Bummers Cloth Diaper Company. Some of my other favorite past times include yoga, reading new age/spiritual books, meditating, and finding more natural ways to care for my family.
"My mom used to say it doesn't matter how many kids you have... because one kid'll take up 100% of your time so more kids can't possibly take up more than 100% of your time. ~Karen Brown
"If you bungle raising your children, I don't think whatever else you do well matters very much.
~ Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis
"If sugar is a substitute for "the sweet experience," then artificial sweeteners are a substitute for a substitute. It's like using counterfeit money to buy fake diamonds."
~David Marc
"When we give government the power to make medical decisions for us, we, in essence, accept that the state owns our bodies."
~Representative Ron Paul (R-TX)
"If I had to make a general rule for living and working with children, it might be this: Be wary of saying or doing anything to a child that you would not do to another adult, whose opinion and affection you valued."
~John Holt
"How can there be too many children? That's like saying there are too many flowers."
~Mother Teresa
"I would be sad if your house wasn't a mess."
~Marion Jimos
"What most people call thinking is for the most part recycled opinion! It's really not thinking at all! Rather, it is repeated statements of density and grossness lodged in the collective thinking, the popular opinion of the day."
~Michael Bernard Beckwith
"The difference between certain and perhaps, isn't much after all."
"We must be the change we want to see in the world."
~Gandhi
"In the medical system, what is available is human knowledge, human reason, human effort. It's what the Psalmist calls, 'horses and chariots,' the arm of flesh and the interventions of man. Very few Christians will admit to having more faith in the medical system than they have in God, but very few are willing to trust Him without the medical system. I think the time is coming when we will have to recognize it's an either/or situation."
~Balizet
"Many Western doctors hold the belief that we can improve everything, even natural childbirth in a healthy woman. This philosophy is the philosophy of people who think it deplorable that they were not consulted at the creation of Eve, because they would have done a better job."
~Kloosterman 1994
"The doctor of the future will give little medicine but will interest his patients in care of the human frame, diet, and in the cause and prevention of disease."
~Thomas A. Edison
"A man has no business to marry a woman who can't make him miserable. It means she can't make him happy."
~Proverb
"Some people are like slinkies; not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face...when you push them down the stairs"
"Peace. It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart."
~Unknown
"We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world."
~Buddha
"If you regret the choices you made in the past then you regret the person you have become."
"It is our actions, not our abilities, that show others what we truly are."
"Twenty years from now you will be more upset about the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did!"
"Before you were conceived I wanted you. Before you were born I loved you. Before you were here an hour I would die for you. This is the miracle of life."
~Maureen Hawkins
"Paying for formula when breast milk is free is like turning down a scholarship to Harvard to pay for community college."
"School always appeared to me like a prison, and I could never make up my mind to stay there, when the sunshine was inviting, the sea smooth, and when it was such a joy to run about in the free air, or to paddle around in the water."
~Claude Monet
"There is no difference between living and learning... it is impossible, and misleading, and harmful to think of them as being seperate."
~John Holt
"It is nothing short of a miracle that the modern methods of instruction have not yet entirely strangled the holy curiosity of inquiry; for this delicate little plant, aside from stimulation, stands mainly in need of freedom; without this it goes to wrack and ruin without fail"
~Albert Einstein
"What we want to see is the child in pursuit of knowledge, not knowledge in pursuit of the child."
~George Bernard Shaw
No comments:
Post a Comment